Friday, March 16, 2012

Noah - 13 months of fun

A quick recap of Noah's first month as a one year old. 

{Walking}
His walking skills have come a long way over the past couple of weeks. He now walks confidently without falling. 
Here is a short clip of him walking at the park this afternoon.

{Food}
Just after his birthday, Noah got (another) cold and refused to nurse for two days. I was this close to quitting cold turkey but I decided to tough it out. We lost the first nap of the day nursing session which I was bummed about until the time change hit and he stopped taking a morning nap all together. Noah now just nurses when he wakes up, before his afternoon nap, and before bed. 
All of his other meals are going great. He has recently become interested in using a spoon to feed himself. I feed him yogurt for breakfast and let him use the spoon for the last few bites. 

{Language}
New words this month - Dada and dog. And at the park yesterday, he started to repeat me and point at the ducks saying, "duh." He still says "uh-oh" and "mama."

I'm probably won't think it's adorable for very long, but Noah shakes his head no at me. It's usually when I'm trying to wrestle him down to change his diaper. I say, "Noah, lay still" and he shakes his head repeatedly. I have to turn and look the other way so he doesn't see me laughing. 
In this video Noah was trying to get cousin Evan's banana but Evan said "No, Noah!" So Noah started shaking his head back at Evan. 


Noah no longer cries only when he is tired or hurt, he also uses it to communicate to me that he really wants something. He'll stand by the front or back door and cry because the kid wants to be outside all day long. He cries when his juice cup is empty, when he can't get a toy to cooperate, and when he wants something that is out of his reach. I try to use these times to talk to him about what he wants. For example I'll say, "More juice, please!" then when I hand it to him I'll say, "Noah, say thank you." He'll repeat, "Ta!" 

{Tricks}
Noah gives the sweetest kisses. These aren't slobbery, open-mouth baby kisses. These are lips puckered, eyes closed, melt my (and Grandma's) heart kisses. 

{Play time}
Noah loves playing Peek-A-Boo Barn on my phone and flipping through the pictures. He learned that crayons aren't for chewing on and now holds them tightly enough to color on paper.  He also enjoys stacking blocks and playing with this toy:



I'm desperately trying to hold on to any part of him that is still baby because most of him is now a busy toddler. I love the little boy he has grown to be but it came too fast. Once in a while he'll let me wrap him up in a blanket and sing him to sleep. I wish I did more of that when he wasn't so heavy! 

Happy 13th Month, little guy.

-Mommy

3 comments:

  1. Real kisses?!?! I cannot WAIT for that day! He's getting so big! What a looker :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love following your blog and would live to follow you on Instagram as well? Would you share your user name?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Elizabeth!
    Maggie- my user name on Instagram is gardneran. It's private but if you request, I'll accept :)

    ReplyDelete