Thursday, February 23, 2012

How I spend Mommy Time.

Mommy time happens a couple of times a week and is usually sometime between the hours of 9pm and 12am when everyone is sound asleep and my mind is just not ready to settle down. My body, however, will tell you a different story. But if I attempt to go to bed before midnight, I'll just lay there for hours so why not be productive instead? And by "productive" I mean "do things I enjoy without anyone around to interrupt me."

So how do I spend those precious quiet hours to myself?

These are my favorite ways:

Blog. Write a post or two - or jot things down for future posts, like Noah's monthly updates or Gardner Grub recipes.

Craft. You probably could have guessed that one. If two weeks pass by without any crafting going on I start to get anxious. Right now I'm working on some new wall art for the dining room.

Plan Parties. Noah's Red Wagon Party kept me busy the past couple of months and now I'm on to the next parties on my list. I'm throwing a baby shower for my best friend in April, a "Honeymoon Shower" for my other best friend in May and Noelle's 4th Birthday party in June. Party planning usually requires browsing on Pinterest and Google images. I haven't gotten to the DIY stages for these parties yet but I've started lists and Pin Boards!

Read. My favorite author is Max Lucado and I'm currently reading his book God's Story, Your Story. I'm also reading Andy Stanley's The Grace of God with my small group and I recently starting reading Have a New Husband by Friday by Kevin Leman.

I get lost in this blog. I've been reading Kelle's blog for about 2 years now and enjoy every post that she perfectly composes. Kelle has a beautiful soul, two fabulous girls, and incredible photog skills. Read it and you too will be instantly hooked. If you've never visited Enjoying the Small Things - Start here. I'm actually a very picky blog reader. There are only a few other ones that I read regularly. I stay away from anything negative, whiny or controversial. I like Mommy Time to be positive so I only fill it with things that make my heart happy.

I organize my coupons - usually every other week - and look around for new coupons on coupons.com and target.com. 

Now that Picnik is closing (soooooo sad), I try to edit a few pictures a week that are going into Noah's 1st year album and Noelle's 3rd year album. I'm going to try to get as much done before the last day of Picnik in April. 

While I'm pinning, blogging or crafting, I like to watch TV. My favorite shows are Castle and Modern Family. I never watch "regular TV." Only what's recorded.

And speaking of pinning - I like to peek at this page every once and a while. It's everything that has been pinned from Growing Up Gardner. I found it when I came across a picture from my blog on the Everything page. I clicked through and was amazed. I had a great time reading all of the nice descriptions.

I'm also very lucky to get quiet time during the kids' afternoon nap but that hour is almost always spent cleaning and cooking. I really enjoy the "me time" that I get and am so thankful that I get to spend a couple hours to myself - like this very moment.

-Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment