Saturday, July 9, 2011

Sun Craft

It's hot.

Over 100 degrees every day. We haven't been getting out much - other than to take a dip in a pool or get some groceries so I've been keeping Noelle busy with crafts inside.

Noelle loves to do anything with paint and I'm a sucker for hand tracing so this was a great activity for us to do together.

Supplies:
Yellow craft paper
Paper Plate
Yellow finger paint
scissors
paint brush (or just use fingers)
marker


 First Noelle painted the paper plate yellow

While the plate dried I traced her hand 7 times and cut them out.
Meanwhile she practiced using her scissors.

"Mom look! I made silly pants!"
I think I may have a fashion designer on my hands.

Then Noelle glued the palm of the hands to the back of the plate to create sun rays.

And she gave her sun a smiley face.

While we were crafting our sun I talked to Noelle about the Creator who crafted the real sun.
And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.
Gen. 1:3

I Can Teach My Child

9 comments:

  1. What a sweet craft! It's HOT where I live too...its a perfect way to keep kids busy and out of the heat without turning on the TV.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea! I'm returning the favor from so followed :)!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an awesome craft! I am a new follower from the hop. Feel free to follow me back at: http://organicplanet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. i´m really liking your blog:) you´ve got yourself a new follower from cold norway:) how I envy you the sun right now.... ahhh:) have a good day- best regards -renate

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute craft! I'm visiting from the Super Stalker Blog hop and I'm your newest follower. I'd love it if you followed me back at Why We Love Green at http://whywelovegreen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is adorable...my little Kate will love making one! Visiting and now following via Fun Tuesday Hop...hop on over to mine and follow back if you like! http://mom4realky.blogspot.com

    Jessica K

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! Very cute craft! I'm a new follower from Fun Tuesday Hop! Please stop by http://aboutamom.com and say hi!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a really cute blog and a freaking adorable family!

    New follower from toddle along.

    firefly-chasing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this sweet craft, and will be trying it! Adding myself as a follower.

    ReplyDelete