Sunday, July 31, 2011

Homeschool - C is for Caterpillar

The "C" is for Caterpillar lesson plan was my favorite thus far. Noelle and I enjoyed all of the fun caterpillar projects. The first three days were challenging for Noelle, she can recognize C but had a hard time with the "cuh" sound that it makes. So we lived letter C for 5 days.

On our nightly walks we looked for things that start with C - car, curb, (trash) can, etc. Every day we made a list of people we know whose names start with "cuh" and we finished each lesson with a hunt for objects around the house that start with "cuh" - candle, cross, cork, candy, cow, computer, cup.

Noelle said her favorite part of letter "C" was "gluing the caterpillars."

{Here are a few pictures from Week 7}

Noelle put the caterpillar in order from 1 to 10 by herself

She was pretty proud of herself - as was mommy.

We had fun with this "game." I had Noelle close her eyes and I put caterpillars on the leaf. When she opened her eyes she counted the caterpillars and found the matching number. 

A little gluing is always entertaining.

I printed this number workbook which has helped Noelle learn numbers 1-20. On each page she circles a number and traces it at the bottom. 

{she asked very nicely to use a sharpie - It was a one-time deal}

Week "C" Bible Verse:
"Children obey your parents in the Lord. For this is right." Ephesians 6:1

5 comments:

  1. Very cute! I let my kids use the sharpie as their "special" pen once... now it's their everyday pen. Makes me so nervous but it hasn't been found on the walls yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to homeschool my daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make homeschooling look awesome :) Maybe one day I won't be working full time.. sigh. Your Noelle is one lovely little lady! (You can quote me on that when it's "L" day. Hehe!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your post makes me miss the early years of homeschooling. (However, I don't miss the high school years! lol)

    I'm a new GFC follower from Meet Me Monday. I hope you'll stop by my blog, follow back, and enter my giveaways.

    www.LisaBlogs.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Hopping" over to visit from the HHH. Nice to "meet" you! :-)

    What precious pictues of your daughter and what wonderful hands-on activities you are giving her to do. Kudos! :-)

    Many blessings,
    Lisa
    http://our4kiddos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete