Monday, May 24, 2010

10 minutes saved me $324.00!

I received my monthly Direct TV e-bill this morning and I finally decided to do something about paying $98 a month on television. I logged on to www.directv.com and compared our current package to their basic package. After adding $7 for the DVR and $10 for HD we'd end up having 200 less channels and only saving $4 a month.

So I picked up the phone and called customer service. We have been Direct TV customers since 2005 so I thought they'd be able to help me put a less expensive package together, but they did even better. We are keeping our current package with HD and DVR service and they gave me a $20 discount with free DVR service for 12 months! That's $27 a month or $324 saved for a year. Thank you Direct TV!

If you think you are paying too much for a service, give the company a call and ask what they can do to help you save money. You've got nothing to lose.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go on the savings... that is amazing! We do the same thing when our cable service sucks... we just call and complain when the service is out and we usually get a $10-20 discount on our bill. It always helps to call and try and get a discount... the worst thing they could say is no... Good job!

    ReplyDelete